Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Two Home Runs!

I (Janelle) am not even a baseball fan, but just wanted to post about the absolutely GREAT news in my life! First, last Saturday, I participated in the county's 4th/5th grade homeschool spelling bee--and won second place! After 27 rounds of words--ten of those rounds being between the winner and myself--the word 'saucer' finally stumped me a little and I heard the ding of the bell meaning that it was not spelled correctly (If you must know, I inserted an 's' instead of a 'c'). But, let's not focus on what I did wrong....

I won second place! And, I heard that last year the bee ended at round 11, so this was a great showdown.

But that's not all! On the same day, I went to audition at a local theatre for a part in the upcoming show 'Schoolhouse Rock, Jr.' To say that I was nervous is a big understatement, but I had practiced my monologue and song a bunch of times. In I went and at the end, the director told me "Terrific job, Janelle! You will definitely be getting a callback...we'll give you a phone call in a few weeks to explain details of the show."

Y-E-A-H!!

All of the work (which I sometimes complained was boring & hard) of practicing during the fall paid off....woohoo!! I cannot wait to be on stage.

So, there is my supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! (can YOU spell that without looking?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am here showing Tatie Bouboule the blog. She is amazed.
Tatie Bouboule says she is more than amazed, she is delighted.
Note from Mimi

Jackie said...

Congrats Janelle! Well done. You must have worked and studied hard and I bet your mom and dad are so proud of you!

Jackie said...

I tagged you over at my blog http://jakinthehouse.blogspot.com/
I've never done one but this one was kind of fun. feel free to ignore it if you don't want to do it.